The Personal Safety System provides an improved overall level of frontal crash protection to front seat occupants and is designed to help further reduce the risk of airbag-related injuries. The system is able to analyze different occupant conditions and crash severity before activating the appropriate safety devices to help better protect a range of occupants in a variety of frontal crash situations.
Your vehicle’s Personal Safety System consists of: • Driver and passenger dual-stage airbag supplemental restraints.
• Front outboard safety belts with pretensioners, energy management retractors (first row only), and safety belt usage sensors.
• Driver’s seat position sensor.
• Front passenger sensing system.
• Passenger airbag off and on indicator lamp.
• Front crash severity sensors.
• Restraints control module with impact and safing sensors.
• Restraint system warning light and backup tone.
• The electrical wiring for the airbags, crash sensor(s), safety belt pretensioners, front safety belt usage sensors, driver seat position sensor, front passenger sensing system, and indicator lights.
How Does the Personal Safety System Work?
The Personal Safety System can adapt the deployment strategy of your vehicle’s safety devices according to crash severity and occupant conditions. A collection of crash and occupant sensors provides information to the restraints control module. During a crash, the restraints control module may activate the safety belt pretensioners and/or either one or both stages of the dual-stage airbag supplemental restraints based on crash severity and occupant conditions.
Automatic high beam control
The system will automatically turn on your high beams if it is dark enough and no other traffic is present. When it detects an approaching vehicle’s headlights, a preceding vehicle’s tail lamps or street lighting, the system will turn off the high beams (low beams remain on) before they distract ...
WARNING: Driving while distracted can result in loss of vehicle control, crash and injury. We strongly recommend that you use extreme caution when using any device that may take your focus off the road. Your primary responsibility is the safe operation of your vehicle. We recommend against the ...
Sync applications and services (if equipped)
Note: In order for the following features to work, your cellular phone must be compatible with SYNC. To check your phone’s compatibility, visit www.SYNCMyRide.com, www.SYNCMyRide.ca or www.syncmaroute.ca. • SYNC Services (if equipped, United States only): Provides access to traffic, directions ...