Fuel vapor burns violently and a fuel fire can cause severe injuries. To help avoid injuries to you and others: • Read and follow all the instructions on the pump island.
• Turn off your engine when you are refueling.
• Do not smoke if you are near fuel or refueling your vehicle.
• Keep sparks, flames and smoking materials away from fuel.
• Stay outside your vehicle and do not leave the fuel pump unattended when refueling your vehicle - this is against the law in some places.
• Keep children away from the fuel pump; never let children pump fuel.
• Do not use personal electronic devices while refueling.
Use the following guidelines to avoid electrostatic charge build-up when filling an ungrounded fuel container: • Place approved fuel container on the ground.
• DO NOT fill a fuel container while it is in the vehicle (including the cargo area).
• Keep the fuel pump nozzle in contact with the fuel container while filling.
• DO NOT use a device that would hold the fuel pump handle in the fill position.
Easy Fuel® No Cap Fuel System
The fuel system may be under pressure. If you hear a hissing sound near the fuel filler door, do not refuel until the sound stops. Otherwise, fuel may spray out, which could cause serious personal injury.
When fueling your vehicle:
1. Turn the engine off.
2. To open the fuel filler door, press the center of the rear edge and then release.
3. Slowly insert the fuel filler nozzle fully into the fuel system, and leave the nozzle fully inserted to open both doors until you are done pumping. Hold handle higher during insertion for easier access.
4. After you are done pumping fuel, slowly remove the fuel filler nozzle—allow about five to ten seconds after pumping fuel before removing the fuel filler nozzle. This allows residual fuel to drain back into the fuel tank and not spill onto the vehicle.
Note: A fuel spillage concern may occur if overfilling the fuel tank. Do not overfill the tank to the point that the fuel is able to bypass the fuel filler nozzle. The overfilled fuel may run down the drain located within the fuel filler housing and to the ground.
5. To close the fuel filler door, press the center of the rear edge and then release. The fuel door with latch closed.
If the fuel fill inlet was not properly closed, a Check Fuel Fill Inlet message may appear on the information display.
At the next opportunity, do the following: 1. Safely pull off the road.
2. Turn off the engine.
3. Open the fuel filler door and remove any visible debris from the fuel fill opening.
4. Insert either the fuel fill nozzle or the fuel fill funnel provided with the vehicle several times to dislodge any debris and allow the inlet to close properly.
If this action corrects the problem, the message may not reset immediately. It may take several driving cycles for the message to turn off. A driving cycle consists of an engine start-up (after four or more hours with the engine off) followed by city or highway driving.
Continuing to drive with the message on may cause the service engine soon lamp to turn on as well.
Capacities and Specifications
Engine Drivebelt Routing 3.5L V6 engine 3.5L V6 SHO engine 2.0L EcoBoost engine ...
Power Exterior Mirrors WARNING: Do not adjust the mirror while your vehicle is in motion. A. Left mirror B. Adjustment control C. Right mirror To adjust your mirrors: 1. Press the button to select the mirror you want to adjust. An indicator light on the button will illuminate. 2. Use th ...
Using cruise control
WARNING: Do not use cruise control in heavy traffic, on winding roads or when the road surface is slippery. This could result in loss of vehicle control, serious injury or death. WARNING: When you are going downhill, your vehicle speed may increase above the set speed. The system will not apply ...