Avoid running out of fuel because this situation may have an adverse effect on powertrain components.
If you have run out of fuel: • You may need to cycle the ignition from off to on several times after refueling to allow the fuel system to pump the fuel from the tank to the engine. On restarting, crank time will be a few seconds longer than normal. With keyless ignition, just start the engine. Crank time will be longer than usual.
• Normally, adding 1 gallon (3.8 liters) of fuel is enough to restart the engine. If the vehicle is out of fuel and on a steep grade, more than 1 gallon (3.8 liters) may be required.
• The service engine soon indicator may come on. For more information on the service engine soon indicator, see Warning Lamps and Indicators in the Instrument Cluster chapter.
Refilling with a Portable Fuel Container
Do not insert the nozzle of a portable fuel container or aftermarket funnel into the capless fuel system. This could damage the fuel system and its seal, and may cause fuel to run onto the ground instead of filling the tank, which could result in serious personal injury.
Do not try to pry open or push open the capless fuel system with foreign objects. This could damage the fuel system and its seal and cause injury to you or others.
Do not use aftermarket funnels; they will not work with the capless fuel system and can damage it. The included funnel has been specially designed to work safely with your vehicle.
When filling the vehicle’s fuel tank from a portable fuel container, use the funnel included with the vehicle.
1. Locate the white plastic funnel in the spare tire compartment.
2. To open the fuel filler door, press the center of the rear edge and then release.
3. Slowly insert the funnel into the capless fuel system.
4. Fill the vehicle with fuel from the portable fuel container.
5. When done, clean the funnel or properly dispose of it. Extra funnels can be purchased from your authorized dealer if you choose to dispose of the funnel.
Dual automatic temperature control
Note: You can switch temperature units between Fahrenheit and Celsius. See Menu features in the MyFord Touch or MyLincoln Touch chapter. A. Power/Driver temperature control: Press to turn the climate control system off and on. When the system is off, outside air cannot enter the vehicle. ...
WARNING: Driving while distracted can result in loss of vehicle control, crash and injury. We strongly recommend that you use extreme caution when using any device that may take your focus off the road. Your primary responsibility is the safe operation of your vehicle. We recommend against the u ...
For best results, use the following products or products of equivalent quality: Motorcraft Bug and Tar Remover (ZC-42) Motorcraft Custom Bright Metal Cleaner (ZC-15) Motorcraft Detail Wash (ZC-3-A) Motorcraft Dusting Cloth (ZC-24) Motorcraft Engine Shampoo and Degreaser (United States only) (Z ...