This system helps you control many features using voice commands.
This allows you to keep your hands on the wheel and focus on what is in front of you. The system provides feedback through audible tones, prompts, questions and spoken confirmations depending on the situation and the chosen level of interaction (voice settings).
The system also asks short questions (confirmation prompts) when it is not sure of your request or when there are multiple possible responses to your request.
When using voice commands, words and icons may appear in the lower left status bar indicating the status of the voice session (such as Listening, Success, Failed, Paused or Try Again).
How to Use Voice Commands with Your System
Press the voice icon. After the
tone, speak your command clearly.
What Can I Say?
To access the available voice commands for the current session, do one of the following: • During a voice session, press the Help icon (?) in the lower left status bar of the screen.
• Say, “What can I say?” for an on-screen listing of the possible voice commands associated with your current voice session.
• Press the voice icon. After the tone, say, “Help” to hear a list of possible voice commands.
• Make sure the interior of your vehicle is as quiet as possible. Wind noise from open windows and road vibrations may prevent the system from correctly recognizing spoken commands.
• After pressing the voice icon, wait until after the tone sounds and Listening appears before saying a command. Any command spoken prior to this does not register with the system.
• Speak naturally, without long pauses between words.
• At any time, you can interrupt the system while it is speaking by pressing the voice icon.
Accessing a List of Available Commands
• If you use the touchscreen, press the Settings icon > Help > Voice Command List.
• If you use the steering wheel control, press the voice icon. After the tone, speak your command clearly.
*This command is only available when your vehicle is equipped with the navigation system, and the navigation system SD card is in the card slot.
**This command is only available when you have an active Sirius satellite radio subscription.
Voice settings allow you to customize the level of system interaction, help and feedback. The system defaults to standard interaction that uses candidate lists and confirmation prompts as these provide the highest level of guidance and feedback.
Novice mode provides detailed interaction and guidance while the advanced mode has less audible interaction and more tone prompts.
The system uses these short questions to confirm your voice request. If turned off, the system simply makes a best guess as to what you requested. The system may still occasionally ask you to confirm settings.
Phone/Media Candidate Lists:
Candidate lists are lists of possible results from your voice commands. The system creates these lists when it has the same confidence level of several options based on your voice command.
To access these settings using the touchscreen: 1. Press the Settings icon > Settings > Voice Control.
2. Select from: • Interaction Mode
• Confirmation Prompts
• Media Candidate Lists
• Phone Candidate Lists
• Voice Control Volume.
To access these settings using voice commands:
Press the voice icon. Wait for
the prompt “Please say a command”. Another tone sounds to let you know the system is listening.
Using Voice Commands with the Touchscreen Options
Your voice system has a dual mode feature which allows you to switch between using voice commands and making on-screen selections. This is available only when the system displays a list of candidates generated during a voice session. For example, when entering in a street address or trying to call a contact from the phone you paired to the system.
Adjustable pedals WARNING: Never adjust the accelerator and brake pedal with feet on the pedals while the vehicle is moving. The control is located on the left side of the steering column. Press and hold the appropriate control to move the pedals. A. Farther B. Closer The pedal positions ar ...
WARNING: Driving while distracted can result in loss of vehicle control, crash and injury. We strongly recommend that you use extreme caution when using any device that may take your focus off the road. Your primary responsibility is the safe operation of your vehicle. We recommend against the ...
Active park assist
WARNING: This system is designed to be a supplementary park aid. It may not work in all conditions and is not intended to replace the driver’s attention and judgment. The driver is responsible for avoiding hazards and maintaining a safe distance and speed, even when the system is in use. Note: ...